***I’m okay!! 🙂 Thanks so much for your caring messages.. I love you all..
Laying down in a bed, nurses carry me around in the hospital.. “It’s like a shopping cart, whenever I have one, I drive them, and play with them, and sometimes hit them..” I’m thinking.. This time, there is me in the cart though..
During the tests, and etc.. There is a guy asking some information about me. Name, address, and then that question: emergency contact.
– I don’t have one.
– family? friends? boy friend? don’t you have anyone?!
– nope. I don’t have an emergency contact. I can give a friend’s number, but not like an emergency number, is that okay?
– never mind, no worries!
Laying down in my hospital bed patient cart, thinking:
– how hungry I am,
– how many hours passed,
– how much the bill will be,
– please someone take this IV thing away from me!
– how come I don’t have an emergency contact..
– what if something happens to me, like they want to test some new treatment or something on me, and I’m gone,
– there is no one they have to answer to!!!
– and also I don’t have an emergency contact. no one in the hospital giving me water, or some cracker.. darn I’m hungry.. it’s 5pm, no breakfast yet.. and needles on my arm, it hurts, I can’t move..
– most people has a visitor.
– doctor has beautiful blue eyes, and very kind.. taking off my shoes, shoot I have my blue socks!
– is this cool, or pathetic that I have no emergency contact..
I’m home now, I’ll never go to a hospital with my own decision again.. at least without an emergency contact.. such a torture! I always say I’m a one-man-band, I was not happy about it at all..! Talking to my friend, she said: “girlll!! why you didn’t let me know?! I could come with you! and you went without eating anything..?!” Really?! 🙂
So, do you have an emergency contact? If so, who is it?? (I promise, I won’t get jealous.. I’ll just get some future ideas 🙂 )