Ok, you know I was in Miami few couple weeks ago.. Thanks God, New York is getting warmer so my missing Miami syndrome is also going away..
I love shared bikes. Paris, Barcelona, New York, Boston.. I LOVE them! So, before I went to Miami, I made a quick online research about their shared bikes, read some reviews: bad, broken bikes, they charge extra, bikes suck, etc.. so I was thinking to rent a regular bike!!!!
I went there and looked at the bikes, they are very cute and look functional with a basket! (CitiBike doesn’t have one!) The prices on the board at the bike stations shows this (daily $24!)
But a representative I just saw told me if I go to office I can get a monthly membership card which costs $35, which is unbelievable awesome!
I went to the office, and signup the membership (good I just remembered, gotta cancel my membership!! Oh, okay, no worries, it’s no commitment 30 days membership, so not recurring.) So what was I saying?
I went to the office, a nice person was working there, and helped me. I got a membership card, it looks pretty cool, I’ll keep it as a souvenir! 🙂
So here’s my tips (I have no affiliation with DecoBike or any other bike organization):
- Go make a visit to DecoBike Office, located 723 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- If you live in Miami, definitely get it! $15/month. Walking under the sun, even for 5-10 minutes is a lot. You will love the comfort it’ll give to your life.
- Parking it is a little bit tricky, you have to make sure it’s locked. Otherwise the system don’t get the bike, and so they charge extra on the credit cards ($800!!). (That’s my opinion why there are a lot of bad reviews.)
- Don’t bike on the roads. In Miami everyone bikes on sidewalks, because in New York it’s illegal, I felt awkward but realizing roads are not for bikers, and pretty dangerous, I started enjoying the sidewalks. So USE sidewalks!
- Don’t forget you have 60 minutes to return/change the bike in memberships. Hourly rents 30 or 40 minutes.
- If you live in South Beach, don’t use your car!!! It’s traffic everywhere all the time.. Grr..
- Don’t get super drunk biking.. 🙂 It’s dangerous, cause car drivers can be drunk and may not see your mistakes.
- I’ll write more when I remember. Now gotta go!! 🙂
Lastly, share your photo with DecoBike with the hashtag #GOTBNY on Instagram or Twitter. I want to hear your experiences. If you can make a video would be awesome! 🙂